Hi everyone! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know what my absolute favorite food is! Here is a little blog post on how I make my “instagram famous” quesadillas! I did make a Youtube video on this a year ago but I thought I’d create a blog post for those who want to have a readable version! Luke LOVES quesadillas too and we always eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are the perfect portable food and are so filling 🙂 These ingredients are simple and of course, you can put anything you want in them. These are the fillings I like to use!
- Tortillas! I always use uncooked, raw tortillas from Costco (brand: Tortilla Land) because they taste so much better than precooked. It makes such a difference!
- Mexican style cheese! Or any nice melting cheese, I like to use shredded
- Egg! I like making my eggs un-scrambled but no runny yolk
- Beans! I like using canned cooked beans
- (optional) Avocado!
- (optional) Protein of choice (I love using leftovers)
Directions (10 minutes) :
- Put butter/oil in a large pan. The tortillas I use are relatively big so I always use a large pan and with the extra space, I use it to fry my egg.
- Place tortilla on pan and sprinkle cheese on one half and it’s edges. This is what gives it an extra crunch of flavor!
- In a separate pan or same pan, fry your egg
- I microwave my beans and spread about 1-2 tablespoons on half of the tortilla
- Add egg on top of beans
- Add protein of choice or avocado if you have it
- Fold tortilla and smash
- Flip over and done!
I think adding 3-4 fillings in the quesadilla is the perfect amount. My quesadillas are about 1/2 inch thick and the more fillings you put in, the harder it is to fold. For on the go, I like wrapping my quesadilla in foil and it stays nice and warm. I think they taste super good at every temperature 🙂 yum.
If you would like to check out my youtube video, click here!
If you try out these quesadillas, send me pictures or tag me! I would love to see 🙂
Thank you guys so much and have an amazing day!